By Ryann Rain with Hitchette.com
Fall is in the air and in Vancouver that means it’s raining. It’s time to layer up and look beyond the beach for dating ideas. Sigh… The good news is that means it’s cuddle season and dates can become very warm and cozy in this weather but what about that first date with the women who’s caught your eye? Before you can cook dinner together or play board games & cuddle you have to get beyond the first date. So where do you go on a rainy first date in Vancouver?
Top 5 Rainy First Dates in Vancouver
5. Vancouver Art Gallery- The VAG. Something about calling it the VAG just makes this art gallery seem a tad sexier than others. Even forgetting that you can get lost in the many levels and rooms that make up the maze of the VAG right now The Modern Woman: Drawings by Degas, Renoir, Toulouse-Lautrec and Other Masterpieces from the Musée d’Orsay, Paris is on display for another week (Until Sept 6). When you’ve had your fill of culture head to the roof for a quiet coffee and snack at the VAG café to complete the experience. http://www.vanartgallery.bc.ca/
4. Bowling. It’s impossible to not have fun bowling unless you take yourself WAY too seriously so don’t do that. The simple fact is that sometimes the best things in life are the things we used to do for birthday parties as kids. There are a number of options for venues to go bowling in Vancouver so pick the most convenient one, lace up those hideous rental shoes, and up the ante by encouraging a little competition. Are you ready to let loose and encourage your date to release her inhibitions? It’s time for wacky bowling. The rules are simple: each frame requires a different ridiculous technique, for example bowl backwards between your legs, between your date’s legs, twirl around three times and bowl, bowl in slow motion, do a silly walk before throwing the bowling ball, do your best runway strut bowl… Laughter releases endorphins and will show her that you’re more than a pretty face- you embrace life and are a pleasure to be with. Don’t forget to grab a quiet adult snack after to show her you’re still a grown-up man.
3. Guilt & Co. (underneath Chill Winston in Gastown). Guilt is a cozy basement that will warm your innards. It’s in one of Vancouver’s oldest buildings that will give your date that intimate feeling of hiding away from the world while you nibble on sharable finger foods such share Mediterranean olives and gourmet cheese. Plus they have chocolate porter on tap- as if that’s not reason enough! http://guiltandcompany.com/main/
2. Wreck Beach. GET WET! I know it’s the favourite place of naked people all summer but come the rainy season this beach becomes a storm watcher’s paradise. While the rain in the city can be a mite depressing, rain in the woods feels refreshing and crisp. When your nose gets chilly what better way to warm up than with a kiss? Pack a thermos of hot chocolate & baileys, an extra blankie for your date to keep extra warm, make sure you both have good rainy footwear, and take a stroll along this abandoned beach, listen to the waves crash and get to know your date.
1. Cocoa Nymph Chocolates & Confections. This cozy little venue has everything you need for a romantic date. Ooey gooey homemade chocolate truffles and my personal favourite- Dark & Spicy Drinking Chocolate with homemade marshmallows. It’s an orgasm in a cup and will make any woman coo with pleasure. Coffee dates have been done and over-done to death but for a reason- it’s a non-threatening environment to get to know a new person. The Cocoa Nymph is a sensual twist on the old classic. It’s the perfect place to sip on decadence while getting to know each other. On many weekends the Nymph turns into a live music venue featuring some of Canada’s top singer/songwriters in an intimate setting where the piano music intermingles with the aromas of chocolate in a darling escape into a fantasy. http://www.cocoanymph.com/
By Ryann Rain